Please click the blue arrow to download HeRo.
****PLEASE READ THE SOFTWARE INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS AND FAQ SECTION BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO INSTALL THE PRODUCT KEY INTO THE SOFTWARE****.
PLEASE NOTE: If you do not currently have a DY or CY user ID, you will need to create one out of the product. WHEN CREATING A CY USER ID FROM THE PRODUCT, YOU WILL NEED TO CHANGE THE DEFAULT PASSWORD THAT IS EMAILED TO YOU.
If you have an existing DY or CY user ID, make sure that your password is active. If you need to reset your password, please call dealership support at 800-527-7879 or use the Password Reset tool.
Prior to installation, a product key must be obtained for each computer on which the software is to be installed. Product keys expire after a year and must be purchased annually.
NOTE: It is strongly recommended that all Terminate and Stay Resident (TSR) programs like Quicktime® program, CD player programs, or Pocket PC programs are closed prior to loading or starting the software.
- Using your web browser, navigate to the desired service software page.
- Choose the desired software to your PC.
- Diamond Logic Builder
- Navistar Engine Diagnostics
- Scroll down the page to the Download button.
- Click Download.
- Click Next.
- Read through the License Agreement. When finished, click I Agree to proceed with installation.
- When installation is complete, the final page of the wizard is displayed. Click Finish.
- Right click on the Desktop Icon
- Open file location
- Locate application file and right click
- Run as administrator
- Enter the product key obtained for this computer and then click OK.
- If the key was not entered correctly (or there is some other problem), an error message will be displayed. Refer to Installation Error Messages for more information. Resolve the issue indicated before proceeding.
- Screen will appear asking if you are a new or existing user.
- The Registration window appears. Fill in the user’s information. Required fields are indicated by an asterisk (*). Once registration is completed successfully, Click OK. An email will be sent to the address provided on the registration form. Follow the instructions provided in this email to complete the registration process. When finished, click OK in the window shown below.
IMPORTANT: You MUST change your password by following the instructions provided in the email before proceeding. The default password cannot be used to log into the application. Please see Change Password
IMPORTANT: Please check to ensure your password has not expired prior to authenticating the software.
- The User Authentication window appears. Enter your username and password, then click OK.
Once you are logged in for the first time, the software will start and begin to update itself.
NOTE: The software program will not function until the user has successfully logged in at least once while connected to the network. The user may need to consult with the technical computer support staff if the program cannot connect to the Navistar site.
Any product key in the Navistar Service Software suite can generate five CYY user IDs. Only the administrator of the product key, that is the first installer of the key, can create the additional user ID’s from the program. Video – How to create additional users
To launch your software, do one of the following:
- Double click the software icon on the Windows desktop.
- In the Windows Start Menu, select Programs > (Software Name) > (Software Name).
The User Authentication window appears. Enter your username, password and click OK.
- Click on Navistar Telematics
NOTE: There is an instructions link on the New Account Creation page that can assist you through the process.
- 150MB of free hard disk space
- An Internet connection
- Pentium 4 class process with a minimum 1 GHz of speed
- 512 MB of RAM
- 150MB of free hard disk space
- Operating System of Windows® 7 or Vista
- One or more RP1210A compatible communication devices
Any type of high speed Internet connection
- NEXIQ™ Technologies – USB-Link2
- Dearborn Group Technologies – DPA 5
- Noregon® Systems, Inc. – DLA+, DLA+ Wireless
Communication Link Drivers
- HeRo uses standard RP1210A drivers for communication. The drivers are specific to the communications device and are not installed with HeRo.