Tool Return Policy
- The Return Policy applies to Dealers in USA, Canada and Export Markets.
- The Return Policy applies to non-Dealer customers in USA and Canada only.
- Sales are final for non-Dealer customers outside USA and Canada.
Service Tools are defined as:
- Essential – Tools(s) determined necessary for dealers to support and/or service a specific Navistar product
- Non-Essential – Multi-use tool(s) sold for non-essential purpose
Tools are divided into four types:
- Hard Tool – Physical item that is used to achieve a goal. Item is not consumed in the process.
- Examples include, but not limited to, instrument, implement, machine, device.
- Soft Tool – Program, routine or electronic device on which a program is run.
- Examples include, but not limited to, software, product key for software, personal computer
- Subscriptions – “Subscriptions”, as used herein, is defined as any web-based software that requires security access (such as a User ID or password) to use for a predetermined period of time.
- Consumable Items – Item capable of being consumed, used, destroyed or discarded.
- Examples include, but not limited to, gloves, floor mats, bolts.
Hard Tool(s) may be returned only:
- within sixty (60) days of the applicable invoice date for such Hard Tool(s),
- after receipt of a written authorization from Navistar approving such return, and
- in “as new” condition.
Returned Hard Tool(s) must be shipped prepaid by Buyer.
Buyer will be charged a restocking charge of fifteen percent (15%) for all returned Hard Tool(s).
No returns will be accepted on Soft Tool(s) or Consumable Items.
Any Hard Tool(s), Soft Tool(s) and/or Consumable Items that are custom made for Buyer and/or ordered specifically for Buyer and are not customarily stocked by Navistar may not be returned.
Hard Tool(s) ordered/shipped incorrectly and/or in error by Navistar are void of any restocking fees and Ground shipping fees.
No returns will be made on Essential Tools, unless directed by Dealer Operations.
Soft Tools and Consumable Items will not be accepted as returnable for credit.
- Revision Service fees will continue through month of contract termination.
- See IK2900068 to see what programs are included in the Revision Service fee.
- LMS Service Tech fees will continue through month of contract termination.
- Navistar software keys (DLB, NED, HeRo, NavKal) will continue through month of contract termination.
- Third Party Software Keys (Eaton SR4, WABCO TOOLBOX™ and PowerLink) will remain active through current renewal period.
- Subscriptions may be cancelled only within thirty (30) days of the applicable invoice date for such Subscriptions.
Hard Tools, free and clean of liens, will be accepted upon return when the Service Tools support team is notified by Dealer Operations provided they meet the following requirements:
- Invoice date for tools shipped within previous 180 days.
- Return Merchandise Authorization is requested via Case File
- Shipping and freight charges are the responsibility of the dealer location returning the tools.
- Upon receipt of the tools, Navistar Service Tools Support team will inspect tools and determine level of use and rate of depreciation:
- “New Condition” – full credit
- “Non-Resaleable Condition” – no credit
- Credit, if applicable, will be issued to dealer open account. No restocking fee will apply.