Prior to installation, a product key must be obtained for each computer on which the software is to be installed. Product keys expire after a year and must be purchased annually.
- Click here to download the software.
- Open the downloaded executable file.
- Click Next.
- Read through the License Agreement. When finished, click I Agree to proceed with installation.
- When installation is complete, the final page of the wizard is displayed. Click Finish.
- Right click on the Desktop Icon
- Open file location
- Locate application file and right click
- Run as administrator
- Enter the product key obtained for this computer and then click OK.
- If the key was not entered correctly (or there is some other problem), an error message will be displayed. Refer to Installation Error Messages for more information. Resolve the issue indicated before proceeding.
- Screen will appear asking if you are a new or existing user.
- The Registration window appears. Fill in the user’s information. Required fields are indicated by an asterisk (*). Once registration is completed successfully, Click OK. An email will be sent to the address provided on the registration form. Follow the instructions provided in this email to complete the registration process. When finished, click OK in the window shown below.
IMPORTANT: You MUST change your password by following the instructions provided in the email before proceeding. The default password cannot be used to log into the application. Passwords can be reset at http://password.navistar.com.
IMPORTANT: Please check to ensure your password has not expired prior to authenticating the software.
- The User Authentication window appears. Enter your username and password, then click OK.
Once you are logged in for the first time, the software will start and begin to update itself.
NOTE: The software program will not function until the user has successfully logged in at least once while connected to the network. The user may need to consult with the technical computer support staff if the program cannot connect to the Navistar site.
Any product key in the Navistar Service Software suite can generate five CYY user IDs. Only the administrator of the product key, that is the first installer of the key, can create the additional user ID’s from the program.
To launch your software, do one of the following:
- Double click the software icon on the Windows desktop.
- In the Windows Start Menu, select Programs > (Software Name) > (Software Name).
The User Authentication window appears. Enter your username, password and click OK.
Diamond Logic® Builder has different tiered permission levels allowing for more advanced use of the software.
- Level 1 (Diagnostics) – L1 is included with active product key.
- Level 2 (Diagnostics and Parameter Programming) – L2 access requires completion of web based training for each user.
- Level 3 (Diagnostics, Parameter Programming and Advanced Logic) – L3 access requires completion of Instructor Led training for each user.
Formal training is not required.
Level 2: Basic Programming (Web-Based)
Web-Based DLB training for customers can be accessed at https://www.navistareducation.com. Customers can either login with an existing account or register for a new one.
- Introduction to Diamond Logic Electrical Systems AND Diamond Logic Builder Introduction and UsageOR
- Diamond Logic Builder Level 2 Retail Course (8982)
Level 3: Advanced Logic (Instructor Led)
Please contact DiamondLogicBuilder@Navistar.com to schedule your training.
NOTE: DLB Level 2 and 3 software requires a product key for each computer.
- 150MB of free hard disk space
- An Internet connection
- Pentium 4 class process with a minimum 1 GHz of speed
- 2 GB (64-bit) of RAM
- 1 GB of free hard disk space
- Operating System of Windows® 7
- One or more RP1210 compatible communication devices
- Any type of high speed Internet connection
NOTE: The new version of DLB runs on Windows® 10. The old version of DLB that was previously sold on CD and is a non-updating version will not run on Windows® 10. If you still have the old version we highly recommend that you purchase the new license to the latest version of DLB for it to work properly on Windows® 10.
- NEXIQ Technologies® – USB-Link™, USB-Link™ 2
- Dearborn Group Technologies – DPA4+, DPA5+
- Noregon® Systems, Inc. – DLA+, DLA+ 2.0, DLA+ Wireless, DLA+ 2.0 Wireless
Communication Link Drivers
- Navistar developed software uses standard RP1210A drivers for communication. The drivers are specific to the communications device and are not installed with Navistar developed software.