Prior to installation, a product key must be obtained for each computer on which the software is to be installed. Product keys expire after a year and must be purchased annually.
- Click here to download the software.
- Open the downloaded executable file.
- Click Next.
- Read through the License Agreement. When finished, click I Agree to proceed with installation.
- When installation is complete, the final page of the wizard is displayed. Click Finish.
- Download and Install drivers for one of the Recommended Interface Cables.
- Right click on the Desktop Icon
- Open file location
- Locate application file and right click
- Run as administrator
- Enter the product key obtained for this computer and then click OK.
- If the key was not entered correctly (or there is some other problem), an error message will be displayed. Refer to Installation Error Messages for more information. Resolve the issue indicated before proceeding.
- Screen will appear asking if you are a new or existing user.
- The Registration window appears. Fill in the user’s information. Required fields are indicated by an asterisk (*). Once registration is completed successfully, Click OK. An email will be sent to the address provided on the registration form. Follow the instructions provided in this email to complete the registration process. When finished, click OK in the window shown below.
IMPORTANT: You MUST change your password by following the instructions provided in the email before proceeding. The default password cannot be used to log into the application. Passwords can be reset at http://password.navistar.com.
IMPORTANT: Please check to ensure your password has not expired prior to authenticating the software.
- The User Authentication window appears. Enter your username and password, then click OK.
Once you are logged in for the first time, the software will start and begin to update itself.
NOTE: The software program will not function until the user has successfully logged in at least once while connected to the network. The user may need to consult with the technical computer support staff if the program cannot connect to the Navistar site.
Any product key in the Navistar Service Software suite can generate five CYY user IDs. Only the administrator of the product key, that is the first installer of the key, can create the additional user ID’s from the program.
To launch your software, do one of the following:
- Double click the software icon on the Windows desktop.
- In the Windows Start Menu, select Programs > (Software Name) > (Software Name).
The User Authentication window appears. Enter your username, password and click OK.
- Control System Monitoring
- Playing Snapshot Recordings
- Diagnostic Trouble Codes
- Retrieve, View, Clear
- HD-OBD Freeze Frame Data
- HD-OBD Monitors
- Monitor Results
- Diagnostic Readiness
- Monitor Performance Ratio
- View, Save Print
- Service Bay Tests
- Key On, Engine Off
- Actuator Tests
- Sensor Intermittent Faults
- Cold Start Test
- Engine Running
- Air Management Test
- Cylinder Cutout Test
- Engine Fan Test (If Equip)
- High Pressure Pump Test
- Aftertreatment System Tests
- Sensor Calibrating
- Part Replacement Resets
- Programmable Parameters
- Engine Feature settings
- View Programming
- Change Programming
- Engine Calibration Programming
- Health Report Collection
- Service Interval Reset
- Activity Report and Trip Reset
- Vehicle Report
- Event Data Recorder
- Microsoft ® Windows® 10
- 1GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon X2 or better
- 2GB (32-bit) or 4GB (64-bit) of RAM
- 10GB of free hard disk space
- High speed Internet connection needed for software updates
- 1024 x 768 pixel (or better) display
- One or more RP1210A compatible communication devices with SAE J1939 support (See Diagnostic Interface Cable Information)
NOTE: Make sure to close Navistar Engine Diagnostics before installing a new version
NOTE: Improved system performance will occur with the installation of increased RAM.
- NEXIQ Technologies® – USB-Link™ 2 or 3*
- Noregon® Systems, Inc. – DLA+ 2.0, DLA+ 2.0 Wireless
*Only the NEXIQ Technologies® - USB-Link™ 2 and 3 adapters are approved for Electric Vehicle use. Please refer to Navistar Tool 08-801-01 for additional information.
Communication Link Drivers
Navistar developed software uses standard RP1210A drivers for communication. The drivers are specific to the communications device and are not installed with Navistar developed software.
- 2017 International A26
- 2021 GHG International A26
- Electric School Bus
- Electric MV